Outlining the challenges and benefits of incorporating wind and other clean technologies into newbuild designs to power shipping’s decarbonisation drive
Date: Wednesday 27th January 2021
Time: 9am GMT / 10am CET / 11am EET
Speakers on behalf of Norsepower, DNV-GL and Deltamarin will be discussing how newbuild vessels can benefit from clean technology, particularly in meeting regulatory deadlines in the near future, and future targets that could come into play. From planning to installation, this webinar explains what the industry can expect to achieve from clean technology and how to make new vessels as fuel efficient as possible.
- What do shipyards consider when designing and building vessels including wind propulsion systems?
- With operational fuel optimisation increasingly vital in meeting GHG emission targets, are shipyards doing enough to allow access to more clean technology?
- How can the design and installation of Rotor Sails and other clean technologies be done in an efficient way for newbuildings?
- What are the advantages / disadvantages of newbuild installation of Rotor Sails versus retrofitting?
- What fuel savings can be expected when installing Rotor Sails and other clean technologies available today, on new build vessels?
Tuomas Riski, CEO, Norsepower
Hasso Hoffmeister, Senior Principal Engineer, DNV-GL
Esa Jokioinen, Sales and Marketing Director, Deltamarin
Alisdair Pettigrew, Director, BLUE Communications