Powering shipping’s newbuild decarbonisation drive
Outlining the challenges and benefits of incorporating wind and other clean technologies into newbuild designs to power shipping’s decarbonisation drive Register here: https://www.bigmarker.com/blue-insight/NORSEPOWER-Powering-shipping-s-newbuild-decarbonisation-drive Date: Wednesday 27th January 2021 Time: 9am GMT / 10am CET / 11am EET Speakers on behalf of Norsepower, DNV-GL and Deltamarin will be discussing how newbuild vessels can benefit from clean technology, particularly in meeting regulatory deadlines in the near future, and future targets that could come into play. From planning to installation, this webinar explains what the industry can expect to achieve from clean technology and how to make new vessels as fuel efficient as possible.
- What do shipyards consider when designing and building vessels including wind propulsion systems?
- With operational fuel optimisation increasingly vital in meeting GHG emission targets, are shipyards doing enough to allow access to more clean technology?
- How can the design and installation of Rotor Sails and other clean technologies be done in an efficient way for newbuildings?
- What are the advantages / disadvantages of newbuild installation of Rotor Sails versus retrofitting?
- What fuel savings can be expected when installing Rotor Sails and other clean technologies available today, on new build vessels? Panellists Tuomas Riski, CEO, Norsepower Hasso Hoffmeister, Senior Principal Engineer, DNV-GL Esa Jokioinen, Sales and Marketing Director, Deltamarin Moderator Alisdair Pettigrew, Director, BLUE Communications
Maersk Pelican project
Date: Wednesday 24th June 2020 Time: 8am ET / 1pm BST/ 2pm CET The installation of two Norsepower Rotor Sails on the Maersk Pelican was widely viewed as a significant step forward for the progress of wind propulsion technology in shipping. This webinar discusses how wind power can play a crucial role in meeting 2030 and 2050 decarbonisation goals.
- What was the journey from initial contact to installation to fuel verified test results?
- What can be taken from this project and how can you get involved?
- What role will wind power play in meeting shipping’s decarbonisation goals? The panellists share what the industry can be learned from utilising wind propulsion technology and the value in the measurement and verification process. Panellists Tuomas Riski, CEO, Norsepower Tommy Thomassen, CTO, Maersk Tankers Dr Chris Craddock, Technical Advisory & Ship Performance Manager, Lloyd’s Register Stephen Brown, Technology, Innovation & Decarbonisation Manager, Shell Moderator Alisdair Pettigrew, Director, BLUE Communications