Join the future of sustainable shipping with Norsepower!
Are you ready to embark on a thrilling journey in the heart of maritime innovation? Norsepower, a pioneer in sustainable shipping solutions, is bringing sails back to shipping – and saving the planet at the same time. We are now seeking an experienced and strategic leader to become our first Chief Production Officer and a new member of the senior management team.
Norsepower Rotor Sail™ harnesses the wind to maximize fuel efficiency and reduce emissions of ships. It is the first commercially available mechanical sail for large vessels. It has a proven track record of successful operation since 2014. Norsepower’s project services cover all phases from sales to project delivery and operational support. Each project is planned according to the client’s needs and preferences.
As a Chief Production Officer, your main responsibility is to optimize the global Rotor Sail production process to ensure operational excellence. This includes managing and developing the production organization, coordinating production and purchasing operations across Europe, China, and upcoming production hubs, conducting group-level production planning, analyzing production costs and surveilling Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), managing assets, administering and evaluating production performance in collaboration with Team Leaders and Factory Directors, ensuring outputs meet required quality standards, and strictly following Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) policies.
The primary work location will be in Helsinki, Finland. However, the successful candidate must be willing to travel and commit to approximately three months at the outset of employment to ensure the successful launch of our production in China, Dafeng.
- Proven track record of managing international production operations.
- Very good understanding of heavy industry production processes.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in assembly/manufacturing and engineering activities.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment independently.
- Excellent communication skills, and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience in purchasing and material management.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Quality management experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in building a production organization.
- Relevant technical education background (B.Sc/M.Sc).
- Willingness to travel and readiness for staying up to 3 months in China at the beginning of the employment.
We offer you
- Challenging and meaningful work in the evolving cleantech industry.
- A possibility to contribute to a more sustainable future.
- A chance to get exposure to the exciting world of international cleantech.
- Continuous learning opportunities, allowing you to grow and develop professionally.
- Full support of a highly motivated team.
- Flexibility in working conditions, allowing you to enjoy a work-life balance that suits your lifestyle.
- Employee benefits including lunch, telephone, sports & culture, and a possibility to participate in a stock option program.
For more information about the role, please contact role, please contact COO Jarkko Väinämö at +358 40 351 1323 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the recruitment process, please, contact CHRO Mervi Siikala at +358407679309 or via email at email@example.com.
Set sail on a career path where innovation meets opportunity and apply now! Please submit your CV and motivation letter in PDF format via our application system by March 6, 2024, at the latest.
We recommend applying as soon as possible, as we may proceed with potential candidates during the application period.